Skitouring area Fürenalp - small and unique
Sunshine on your face. Away from the hustle and bustle of the skiing aera. Ascent to the peak, enjoying the panorama view before you take the downhill.
Although somewhat outshone by the Hahnen, the Wissberg with its steep, sweeping flanks that taper up into sharp points is one of the most remarkable mountains at the far end of the Engelberg valley. Please make sure you only attempt to conquer the Wissberg in absolutely stable snow conditions. The south-west facing side of the Wissberg is a good place to enjoy springtime skiing in glorious sunshine. You start your ski-tour next to the mountain station / mountain restaurant Fürenalp.
After a peaceful descent you can relax at the panorama terrace Fürenalp. Let the restaurant team spoil you on the sun terrace or in the rustic restaurant.
Information Wissberg skitouring
|Vertical hight||800 meters|
|Level||the first 600 m in the open field = medium|
|the last 200 m in the rocks = difficult|
Safety tips for off-piste skiing
Please note that you are skiing at your own risk!
- It is essential to carefully plan a skitour. Base your planning on maps, and make sure you listen to the avalanche warning service and the weather report.
- The safety equipment and clothing are essential safety factors.
- Anyone skiing off piste needs avalanche equipment (avalanche search equipment, probe, avalanche shovel, First Aid kit)
- The skiing and mountain guides (Mountain guide Engelberg) are familiar with the spots and terrain and ensure that you safely reach your summit and then back home.
- Emergency number REGA call 1414